Cheese sticks recipe
Craving something savory yet light? Then this cheese sticks recipe is the perfect snack for you. Enjoy warm, crunchy, cheesy sticks with your favorite dipping sauce.
12 string cheese sticks
½ cup all-purpose flour
⅛ teaspoon paprika
⅛ teaspoon seasoned salt
1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup milk
vegetable oil for frying
- Unwrap cheese sticks and cut them in half crosswise.
- Combine flour, paprika and salt in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. In a second bag, mix panko, parsley and oregano. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk together.
Add 5 or 6 cheese sticks to the bowl with eggs and milk and toss around to coat. Transfer sticks to the flour bag and shake around, then return them to the milk bowl, making sure to coat every side. Finally, add sticks to the panko bag and toss to coat. Place panko-coated sticks on a baking sheet. Repeat to coat all the remaining cheese sticks.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20–30 minutes. This will ensure that the cheese does not ooze out of the coating while frying.
- Heat a few inches of vegetable oil in a large frying pan to 350–375 degrees F.
- Working in batches, fry sticks in the oil until golden brown on all sides, 30–60 seconds.
- Drain on a paper towel–lined plate. Serve immediately with marinara sauce or ranch dressing.